Sunday, August 23, 2026

Mom's Letter 91 - Ryan's Mission (Tue, 6/25/24, 9:52 AM)

(I got the letter numbers confused during Ryan's mission, so to make the correction easy, I'm putting them together in this one post instead of changing/correcting it but putting them in the correct order with dates for clarity.)

Jun 17, 2024, 7:36 AM

I almost forgot to mention that I’ve been having, for a long time, the idea to go to the car collision place who fixed our car last year. Gene, the guy who helped us, found out about you being on a mission and bent over backwards to make sure we had the cheapest and best fix ever. We were so blessed by him, and I wanted to thank him. So, I finally, after months of feeling impressed to personally thank him, went in. But he’s been on a leave of absence for about as long ago as we got our car. I don’t know what the detail ares of his leave of absence, but he’s a pretty old fella, and I hope he’s okay. Instead, I wrote him a thank you note and took a picture of it so I’d always remember what I said. I haven’t even read it again, nor did I bother to edit it after writing it. Hopefully it makes sense. Either way, I’m grateful I did it and hope he’s okay. And the picture of Dad and Megan was taken yesterday. I found them talking about the word Mississippi. I’ll send some videos in the Messenger app because some of them are just too cute not to share. Love you, sweetie! Have an intentional week. OH! I almost forgot too, I did my writing group[ last week and the week before that, and they love my story! They want more and fast! How fun is that! We aren’t meeting for two weeks because of Hawaii but I plan to write on the plane. I say that, then I don’t because I fall asleep, but I hope to write on the plane. How ‘bout that? 

Love,
Mommy

Here we are at the dermatologist because Megan skin tags that needed removing. She was so cute!


Bye little pieces of Megan!

This kid is so cool with his saxaphone!



My letter to Gene at the collision place. I don't know if he'll ever get it and wish I'd gone in sooner to express our deep gratitude.

Megan is saving a lady bug that we found in our grapes

Corban with his friend Evan Corey


Whoa! Corban's growing fast!


Cheri was so proud ... at first

He was slumping! haha!






A chat about the spelling of Mississippi

Megan's birthday gift to Dad, a potty hour glass timer.

Daddy and I have an ongoing conversation about Squishmallows and how we have too many and he doesn't like them. But he secretly loves them and hugs them in his sleep, which he always denies that he does. This is photo footage of said hugging in sleep action. Caught in the act, buster!


Left: Squinky (Mom's), Right: Mustachio (Dad's)

Tue, 6/25/24, 9:52 AM

This is the car we rented. He was a great little guy! Also, we went on a bike ride one of those days. It was blissful! I also spaced that the kids had a great time at FSY except Coran had a super lame and negative FSY counselor. I was so disappointed because I’d been praying and fasting that he would have such a powerful and good experience there. He’s struggled as you know with being negative and having a bad attitude. So after we got home and heard how bad it was (not all bad, he like the classes and stuff and seeing Megan) I wrote in my journal how sad I was about it. I sorrowed to Heavenly Father and told him that I’d really wanted it to be exactly what Corban needed and I was so sad it was a bad experience. Just then, as I wrote that in my journal, the Spirit with that way He does came into my mind. I realized then that Corban did get exactly what he needed. He saw how being around that negative counselor let him see himself. He never wants to be like that. Ryan, Corban’s been so positive and happy and helpful and awesome! I told him about what God told me, and he was struck by it. “That’s true, I don’t want to be like that.” Oh man, it made me so happy. Mosiah 4:9

Such a pretty place to stay and perfect weather too.
We made breakfast in our apartment every morning.

Our place of residence for the week.

Andy loves the style of this guy's art and how he interweaves layers and gold to accentuate the beauty of nature.

This rooster walked hiked with us for quite a long time! He was so cute. Probably wanted food, but I'm choosing to think he understood us at a deeper level and just really liked us.

Our second time doing this arduous but beautiful hike in Waimea Canyon

Hiking Waimea Canyon

Loved these fish tacos

Kayaking together

Best dinner ever! Ahi something or other. So yummy!

Stopping for a picture

Biking with Daddy!

Another stop because it's gorgeous!

And another stop from biking.

Tubing down the river. Super fun and relaxing.

Can't be in Kauai and not stop at our favorite shave ice place, Jojo's! mmmm!

This place is delicious!

We like to go to the shops in Hanalei and I found this darling seashell turtle.

He basically said I should take him home.

Swimming in Hanalei

So pretty and so fun!

Another shot heading into the Hanalei Beach

Garden of Eden setting.

So pretty!

Quick hike together

Love this guy of mine!

He's maybe getting tired of stopping for my camera.





No comments:

Post a Comment