Sunday, August 23, 2026

Mom's Letter #95 - Ryan's Mission (Mon, 7/15/24, 12:02 PM)

Oh man, I totes forgot a bunch of stuff in the first letter. Hahaha! I know—it was a huge week right?? But I forgot to tell you that I got your wonderful Mother's Day package. Oh, I love it so much. It was so sweet and came at such the perfect time because it was a surprise. I do love a good sweet surprise. Thank you! 


AND we got a text out of the blue on Saturday from the Osmonds asking if we were up for a visit in 11 minutes. We didn’t even know they were in town! What a treat! They were here for about 30 minutes, and we had such a good little visit. They were in town for a farewell of one of their nephews I think? Hyrum and Andy chatted about Hyrum being bishop and Amazon Prime (pray for him to get picked up by Prime for his deaf princess animation please. He finds out this week if they’ll put out the $100 million budget for it. If they don’t pick it up, he’s out a job). Also, it’s being kept hush-hush by Randy, but Hyrum let us know that he was diagnosed with prostate cancer, and it isn’t good. They operated, but the tests they ran shows his numbers are elevated, so there’s still something wrong. Please pray for them to heal him quickly and completely. Andy reached out to him but didn’t say he knew anything about it, he just asked generically how he’s doing and wanted to let him know when your homecoming talk is so he can zoom in for it. All Randy said was that he’s looking forward to it, but he didn’t tell Andy how he was doing. 

Oh, man. Not Randy. 

Anyway, also, the same day that the Osmonds came, we got another text. This time from the Huycks saying that they’re in town. Hahaha! They wanted to see if we could come see them and play games. So, we did. Corban came with us and played with Rowan (even though he didn’t want to at first). He had fun! And we had a great time visiting with Jacob and Melinda. Man, I love them so much! Also, yesterday at church (Megan went for sacrament then I took her home to rest, she was swollen and in pain) when I returned, one of her friends that was in her cooking class asked if she could bring Megan a smoothie. OH FOR CUTE! Of course, I said. She’d love that! And she did. And not five minutes before Halli knocked on the door with the smoothie, Megan said she was hungry. Awww! Freaking the sweetest little friend ever!

And finally, while Corban was mowing the lawn, he was stung by a hornet. His foot swelled up a bit and the pics are of the next day when a lot of the swelling had gone down but was still there. Poor little dude. Ian, being the awesome bro he is, did the rest of his mowing for him. Man, I love that boy! I love all my boys. And my girl. I’m so so so blessed to be your plural mommy! And I’m blessed to be Andy’s bride. He’s the best husband ever. I love and like him so much!

I think that’s all. I love you. Over and out.
Love,
Mommy


Huggies from Daddy (not to be confused with the Diaper brand)

We love love love with Uncle Dick and Aunt Roni come to see us!


This was before they had to go home. They were here for several days, and it was lovely to have them here with us.




Saying goodbye at the airport

Megan is getting ready to teach her neighborhood cooking class.


Megan getting ready for her class and she's ready with her little gifts (which was a creme brulee bowl kit).   

Megan's cooking class in progress



Megan being evaluated for whether she needs her wisdom teeth removed

Before removal

After removal.


Getting in the car post surgery (obviously)

She was hilarious all the way home!

Aaand then she was out!

Out for a long few hours

A wonderful visit from the Osmonds 

And the Huycks, on the same day!

Corban's first sacrament talk

Sweet Halli Haddock brought Megan a cold shake for an after wisdom teeth surgery soothing treat. How thoughtful is she!


Halli is the darlingest! We sure love her!














No comments:

Post a Comment